Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Together

Hi there,

Another rainy, gloomy day here.  Glad I weeded my garden on the ONE nice day we had a couple of days ago.

I have a "different" kind of layout to share that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Lift Challenge (LIFT3).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the photo to lift... well, actually it's an off the page item... but it can easily be converted to a scrapbook page.

I had fun with this layout... lots of blocking and fun embellies.

Here's my "Happy Together" layout:
Here's my awesome family after the July 4th Parade.  Don't they look sharp in uniform?  
It was a blistering hot day... and they couldn't wait to get out of their hot uniforms!  So all pics had to be taken in a hurry!  I'm glad they came out good!!  Thanks to our awesome neighbor for taking the photo of all of us too!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Die Cuts: K&Co.
Chipboard Words
Lace Fabric
Cheesecloth
Pop Dots
Vellum Word
Burlap

The chipboard word was adhered with pop dots, as well as some of the tiny flowers to the left. 

A strip of burlap was added under the flowers in this blocking.  A pop dot was used under the tiny flower.  Another chipboard word was adhered just above the bottom photo. 

Lots of layering and pop dots for dimension in the lower right block.  The blocking to the left of all the flowers serves as my page title.  The die cut "Happy" is part of my title and the vellum "Together" completes the page title.

A closer look at the cascading flowers and using dimension with pop dots. 

A closer look at my page title. 

A better look at the burlap. 

 This photo shows the dimension created using pop dots.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment