Saturday, August 10, 2013

Meeting Goofy and Minnie Mouse

Hi there,

I have a NEW camera!!!!  So excited!  I'm lovin' it!  Actually I've had it for a week or two... and didn't buy a memory card... because we thought it would take the same one as my old camera.  Hahahahahaha!  What were we thinking!  Of course it wouldn't take the same memory card!  And the memory in the camera only took around 6 photos!  Really?  I bought a NEW memory card today..... Yes!!

Granted, it's not really anything dramatic... with zoom lens or any of that... but it's perfect for me!  I've resolved to the fact that I will never get a $1,000 camera with powerful zoom and all that fancy stuff!  I like being able to slip it in my purse or my back jeans pocket!

My other camera is ready to quit at any moment... I just know it!!  Each time I use it, it does something weird... like pink photos and now there's vertical lines on every photo (unless I turn it off and on and try again)!  Ugh!  Yup, it was time for another one.  This old camera has been through so much for the past 5+ years... canoe trips, camping, a bazillion hikes, torrential rains, wicked winter weather and snow... and lots more!!  I really can't believe it's still working... well...somewhat!!

Anyhow...
I have a layout to share with you that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their August Sketch with a Twist Challenge (AugSketch).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the sketch:
And the TWIST:  Include at least TWO of the following items on your page:
Wood, Paint, Washi Tape, Twine

I absolutely LOVE that there was a CHOICE for the twist!!!  This definitely made it more fun!

Here's my layout titled, "Meeting Goofy and Minnie Mouse."  I used Wood and Paint on my page.
Even though Andrew was a bit unsure about getting too close to them... he loved watching at a distance... and he giggled when I shook their hands!  So cute!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Metallic Paints
Enamel Paints
Perfect Pearls Mist
Color Mists
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Folder Tab: Hand Made
Sharpie Marker
Wood Flowers
Stickers

I started by painting the background with a sponge brush... then stenciled and finally added some misting. 

Journaling was added in the corner of both photos. 

 The circle was cut from pp, then another cut with white cardstock that was misted.  I cut the pie pieces and added them on the circle.  A wood flower was placed in the center of it.
The white cardstock banners were embossed.  They looked way too plain...

A smaller wooden flower was added on the second photo.  The die cut was cut from pp... and where I added my page title.  I found these stickers in my stash and just had to add them to my page... they're perfect... and cute too! 

My folder tab was hand cut and looks a little rough...  

 Another look at the background paints and mists.

Thanks so much for stopping by!




1 comment:

  1. A really great page. I love the use of the paint, it looks good.

    ReplyDelete