Monday, September 16, 2013

Father

Hi there,

Here's another layout that was submitted at Home and Scrapped for their September "Father" Layout Challenge (Sept13-Bec).  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge is to create a layout about a father... your own, your hubby with your children, or even your son with your grandchildren.

This is my page titled, "Father."
This is my step dad with our daughter back in 1996.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Fiskars Border Punch
EK Success Border Punch
Rick Rack
Various Ribbons
Satin Cording
Crochet Ribbon Trim: Webster's Pages
Gray Ribbon Trim: Webster's Pages
Distressing
Marker
Staple
Page Title: Cut from pp
Gold Heart Charm
Gems: Home Made
Sketch: Page Maps (Feb 2009)

I matted the page title onto cardstock and distressed the edges.  A gold hear charm was threaded through the satin cording and staples to the title.  Three home made gems are added just beyond the title.

Various ribbons and trims were used behind the journaling block.  A border punch strip was added on the journaling block and distressed.

Journaling reads:
He loves us. 
He treated my sister and I like we were his own.
He adored our children... his grandchildren.  
He would do anything for us.
This is my step dad, pictured with our daughter.

The edges of my background page were also distressed.  On a punched border strip just under the photo, more crochet ribbon trim was added with a bow.

Here's a look at the bottom portion of my page.

A closer look.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment