Monday, September 16, 2013

Fun

Hello there,

Here's a layout that was submitted as my example page for Sketches 4 All for the Technique Challenge Week 3 - Add a Doily Challenge that I'm hosting (SeptTech2).  You can see the challenge here.  I hope you can join in on the fun.

This is my layout titled, "Fun."
Love this photo of my sister and her two girls... and also had to include their Guinea Pig on the oldest girl's shoulder.  He is such a cute Pig!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, DCWV
Fiskars Circle Border Punch
Distressing
Ribbon: Webster's Pages
Cardstock Sticker Title
Flowers/Leaves
Pearls
EK Success Border Punch
Sketch: Page Maps (May 2008)

On this cardstock doily, I layered additional cardstock and the sticker... and distressed one of them.  Several flowers were grouped under the photo and on the doily.

The 6" doily was tucked under the pp and tiny pearl beads were added around it.  A couple more flowers were added with a larger pearl for the center of one of the flowers.

This is a better look at the tiny pearl beads.

I did some paper tearing, layering the pp and ribbon below that.

Here's a look at the dimension from the flowers/leaves.  A border punch was used above the photo and below this cluster of flowers.

Here's the Fiskars circle border punch.  I purchased it this summer and haven't used it... until now.  I decided to dig it out and give it a try.

Simply cut a 4" or 6" circle and punch and turn, being sure to match up the punched portion with the border on the punch.

The white doilies were purchased from the "cake dept" in our local store.  The brown cardstock doily was made using the circle punch.
And above the doilies are some things I created with the doilies.

For this butterfly, I simply scrunched a smaller doily in the center.  I misted and inked it and cut the body of the butterfly, distressing it a bit.. and added twine for the antennae.  

The top flower was scrunched into a flower and the bottom one was created by cutting the doily into a strip and folding it into a circle.

I hope you enjoyed my challenge and will stop by again.
Thanks for taking a look!

Sketches 4 All Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment