Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pop Rocks

Hi there,

I have another layout to share with you that was submitted at Turtle Soup for their Monday Sketch Challenge (10/14/13).

Here's the lovely sketch:
Image

And this is my layout titled, "Pop Rocks."
This is our son letting Dylan try Pop Rocks.  Does anyone remember those?  They were tiny little "rocks" that popped when you put them in your mouth.  I don't believe they are on the market anymore.  I was nervous about our son giving these to him... but Dylan was so anxious to try them.... so Andrew only gave him a few of them... and he was giggling the whole time.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Other
Ribbon
Gesso
Metallic Rub ons
Walnut Ink Mist
Sticker Letters
Marker
Corner Rounder
Stencil

To make the letters stand out more I traced them with a black marker.

Gesso was smeared over the stencil with a flat tool... and when that finally dried I added a variety of metallic rub ons to each hexagon and then misted it.



A closer look.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment