Sunday, October 6, 2013

Turtle Soup World Card Making Day Challenges

Hello,

I decided to participate in WCMD Challenges at a couple of fun sites.

The first site is Turtle Soup.  The challenges run from Oct 5 until Oct 13th.  You still have time to make some cards and participate!  :)

Cheryl's Challenge:  Create a Christmas card and make any kind of 3D embellie.

My first card is "Happy Holidays."
I used pop dots under the fussy cut swirls and between two of the glitter snowflakes.


The 3D embellies are the swirls and foam glitter snowflakes.


Lisa's Challenge:  The following Recipe:
1.  Use old papers, at least 1 year
2. Twine
3.  Add wings or wheels

Here's my "Surprise" card:
I created the pocket for the flowers.  Sketch is Page Maps (June 2013).

Here's a couple photos showing a closer look at the pocket and flowers.  I used a marker to create the stitches on the pocket, stamped the sentiment and added a twine bow.  Under the pocket is a punched border, ribbon and twine. 

The flowers were made by me... using a hot glue gun!  The "petals" were created and a "dot" for the center... I then placed the petals where I wanted and added a dab of hot glue in the center and added the dot.  They were colored with a combo... some with markers and some with paint.
The butterfly is the "wings" requirement.


Karen's Challenge: Birthday card and use scraps and add ribbon.

Here's my "Happy Birthday" card:
Another "square" card!  The center circle and flower were embossed.  I created the chevrons through the center... using a new technique from another challenge site.  The gems are home made.  Sketch is Page Maps (June 2012).

The whole card was made using scraps and I also dug into my scraps bin for the olive colored cardstock to make a portion of the chevrons.  I had used these papers to create another card... and this is what was left over.

A closer look.


Tracy's Challenge: Make a Halloween card.

This is my "Trick or Treat" card:
Halloween cards are SO fun to make!!  The metal tag was matted onto pp.  Three black glitter gems were added in the upper left.  Sketch is Page Maps (Mar 2008).

A closer look at the cute tag!!


Debbie's Challenge: Make a card with embossing on it.

Here's another "Trick or Treat" Halloween card:
After embossing the black cardstock, I gently rubbed Perfect Pearls over most of the raised circles.  The pumpkin was cut using a Sizzlit die and I added orange pp under it.  The glitter gems are home made.  Sketch is Page Maps (Sept 2009).

Here's a closer look.  The sentiment is foam glitter... and so cool!


Bev's Challenge: Use the sketch below and the twist - use monochromatic colors PLUS 1 accent color (white/cream doesn't count).
Image

Here's my "Boo" card:
I chose the monochromatic orange colors with a black accent.  The sentiment is a sticker.  A small banner and ribbon was tucked to the right of the sentiment with a foam pumpkin just below that.  The gems are home made.  

A closer look.


Joan's Challenge: Make a "shaped" card.

Here's my "Thank You" star shaped card:
I recently purchased a shaped card template... and it was fun to actually use it!  The smaller star is from the same template.  I matted the smaller star with white cardstock.  The sentiment is a rub on and swirly bling was added under the flowers.  The gems are home made.

Here's a closer look.

I hope you enjoyed browsing through my cards!
Hopefully I have inspired you too!

Thanks so much for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment