Sunday, October 6, 2013

My Scraps and More World Card Making Day Challenges

Hello,

The other site I chose to participate in is My Scraps and More.  They also had some fabulous challenges for WCMD and I had so much fun creating such a variety of cards!

The deadline for completing the challenges is Oct. 6th!  I had to hurry to get these finished!!

Tracy's Challenge: Use either color palette (below) to create your card.
OR


This is my "Celebrate" card:
I chose the "Cruise in Style" color palette.  I used a variety of embossing folders and distressed all the edges.  Sketch is Page Maps (Sept 2013).

Here's a closer look.  The gems are home made and the sentiment is a clear sticker.


Tammi's Challenge:  Create a card based on the following sketch:


Here's my "Living the Sweet Life" birthday card:
A new mini stamp set that I was happy to use.  

And... a closer look.  I folded the banner on one end creating a loop which I knotted the twine through and ran it up around the cupcake stamped image... which was adhered with a pop dot.


Missy's Challenge:  Create a card using the inspiration from this photo.


This is my "Thinking of You" card:
The center strip was embossed.  Ribbon was stapled at the top of the tag and across the bottom of the tag with pearls on each end.  The flowers were layered and a butterfly sequin was also added.

I was inspired by the:
1.  Blue
2.  Brown (her hair)
3.  Butterflies

A closer look.


Audrey's Challenge:  Make a "Masculine" card.

This is my "Happy Birthday" MASCULINE card:
You would think that I had LOTS of masculine cards on hand for the men in my life... but I don't!  So, every opportunity I can... I enter a challenge so I can do just this!

The die cuts were fussy cut from pp. 

Another closer look.  The anchor was adhered with thinly cut pop dots.


Wendi's Challenge: A recipe challenge:

1.  Make a 5.5 x 5.5 card
2.  Use at least 5 pp
3.  Use some trim or ribbon
4.  Add a focal die cut, stamp, image, etc.
5.  Add a sentiment

This is my "Thank You" card:
I added all the requirements on my card.  Sketch is Page Maps (Sept 2013).

I really didn't think I could use 5 pp on a card... but this sketch was perfect!!
The ribbon was cut into a banner.
The focal die cut is the stamped doily/sentiment.

And... I have to add... that this particular challenge is what got me "hooked" on making the square 5.5 x 5.5 cards!!  So much more room to play around with!!  Love them!
Now I have to get out my templates to make envelopes for them all!!

I used a pencil to wrap the banner (on the bottom) around to create the dimension.  An embroidery embellie was added on the banner.

After stamping the doily/sentiment image... I added tiny pearls around the doily.

The ribbon banners were adhered onto gold cording.  I used a punch for all the squares.


Lisa's Challenge: Create a card that has something to do with Fall, leaves, colors, Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc.

This is my "Boo" card:
This was a super fun card to make!  Really easy too!  Sketch is Page Maps (Sept 2013).

The sentiment/web and spider are all foam embellies.  I also added three home made gems in the upper right of my card.

I hope you enjoyed this batch of cards.
Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment