Monday, November 11, 2013

Cherish

Hi there,

There's still snow on the ground!  I know we're eventually going to get more of the white stuff... but it's always hard for me the first time it actually snows and stays on the ground!  Maybe it's because I dread it so much!!

Here's a layout that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Cooking up a Muted Layout Challenge (CUCC22).  You can see the challenge here.

This is the challenge:
1.  Use muted colors only.
2.  Use any of the words: Forever, Cherish or Adore.
3.  Add journaling.
4.  Have a small title.
5.  Add flowers.
6.  Add sequins.

This is what I created titled, "Cherish."
A family portrait from long ago!  One of the many of my fave photos!

I used EVERYTHING from the criteria!

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Paperbilities, Other
Cardstock Stickers
Rosettes: Home Made
Flowers
Gems: Home Made
Marker
Clear Photo Corner Sticker
EK Success Border Punch
Ribbon
Sequins
Cardstock Border Strip
Sketch: Page Mays (Sept 2007)

Found these cardstock border strips and one that fit perfectly with my page.
My page title is "small" and just above the journaling.
A clear photo corner sticker was added in the upper right on the photo with a tiny flower.

Here's my flower cluster.  The rosettes are home made, as well as the gems.  I also tucked another one of the word choices within the flowers "Adore." 

Sequins were scattered around the flowers.

Here's a better look at the sequins, ribbon, border punch... etc.

A better look at where I tucked the word.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Soul Scrappers Design Team Member


No comments:

Post a Comment