Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Memories

Hi there,

I have another layout to share with you that was submitted at Home and Scrapped for their November Challenge (November13-Amy).  You can see the challenge here.

The criteria is to use at least 3 elements from the following list:

Keys
Blocks/Bricks
Corrugated cardboard/Embossed cardstock (checker plate or timber pattern... something related to building)
Paint
Fabric
Frame/Window
Flowers and/or Foliage
Door

Here's my layout titled, "Memories."
This is me... during our (Boy Scout Troop and volunteers) hike/climb up Katahdin at Baxter State Park a couple of years ago.  What an adventure and lots of fun memories!!

The 3 elements I used:
1.  Bricks
2.  Corrugated Cardboard
3.  Flowers

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Kraft
Corrugated Cardboard
Swirly Bling: Home Made
Flowers
Gem: Home Made
Ribbon
EK Success Border Punch
Pop Dots
Cardstock Page Title
Gold Color Mist
Walnut Ink Mist
Sketch: Page Maps

Here's a closer look at the corrugated cardboard "bricks" which were misted with a gold mist and then walnut ink mist.  These "bricks" were actually the centers of the Sizzix fence die that I was cutting.  I always wondered what I could possibly used these rectangles for... and finally... I got to use them!

The page title was distressed along the edges and adhered with pop dots.

The swirly bling is home made using a template, transparency and puffy paint.  The gem in the center of the larger flower is home made also.

Thanks so much for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment