Sunday, April 29, 2012

From My Home to Yours

Hi there!
Here's another layout from my home to yours.  :)
Hope you like it.
 Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White textured cardstock: ColorBok,
Prima flowers, lace doily, lei flowers, sanding block,
Ink: A la mode Light Blue, Buttons, 
Some flowers and all leaves are hand cut, wire ribbon,
Seam binding rosette


Here's a close up of this flower grouping.  
A lace paper doily was lightly inked then placed under my flowers.

The brown flower was hand cut, layered and sanded lights along the edges.  For the center of the flower, I hand cut a smaller flower and hot glued the edges of each petal so that it made something like a "cup."  Then a satin covered button was added in the center.

The small blue rosette is made with seam binding.  I just threaded one edge and gathered it to form this cute little flower.

The leaves were hand cut, folded in half one way, sanded in the center and along the edges, then folded the other way and pinched at the edge to resemble a leaf.

The light blue and tan flower was made from a lei necklace that was purchased at a Dollar Store (the bottom flower), the tan and light blue flower are Prima flowers.

I found some wire ribbon that actually matched my layout!  I knew I wanted to use it on my layout but couldn't figure out what to do with it, so I wrapped it around a pencil and cut it into strips and placed it randomly by the flowers.  What do you think?


I tried to get a good picture of  this flower so you could see how it was made and how 
the button makes it look so cute!

I layered a couple of the lei flowers, then added my hand cut flower, 
with a button for the center.  Leaves and wire ribbon were placed around the flower.

Have a wonderful day and thanks so much for checking out my Blog!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment