Monday, April 30, 2012

It Started With A Vision.... And A Sketch

Hello!
Good Monday to you all!  I hope you're having a great day!

I planted some of my veggie and flower seeds last week (in my house).
It's so rewarding to actually see them popping out of the soil!
I'm not sure (yet) where all the flowers will go, but I'm sure I'll find a place.  :)

I dear friend gave me two high-bush blueberry plants and those also got planted into my garden today.  
(A huge thank you to her)
 I LOVE blueberries and after eating some off her plants last fall, I decided that this is what I wanted!  
They were so yummy!  Can't wait for mine to produce blueberries!

I'm always anxious to eat all the fruits and veggies out of my garden!  This is actually when I eat the healthiest!  The "fruits of my labor." 

I also have a wonderful strawberry patch.  Every fall I add a couple of new plants, just to 
keep the patch going strong.  For years I traveled 1 1/2 hours to a strawberry farm to pick and freeze them.   So, to be able to walk into my own garden and pick strawberries is wonderful!  

I was given more rhubarb plants also.  I had a few plants already that were doing pretty good, until a friend told me hers were HUGE and she would give me some!  (A great big thank you to her)  
Man, do we love eating my strawberry rhubarb muffins!  
And the strawberry rhubarb pie is quite delish also!  :)

Now that I'm thoroughly hungry... and need to change the subject...
Here is my layout for today.  
Hope you like it.
 Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, watercolor pencils, silver charm frame,
Black ribbon, gold satin ribbon, buttons, staples, needle and thread

Pieces of  paper and cardstock were cut into strips and folded in half and the ends were cut slanted.
They were stapled along the end of the journaling block.

The ribbon was gathered at one end with a needle and thread. 
Two buttons were layered and this covered the end of the ribbon.  A piece of black ribbon was threaded through the yellow button and knotted.



A piece of patterned paper was cut and glued into the silver frame embellishment then
tied onto the knotted gold ribbon.  The ends of the black ribbon were
tucked inside the knot so it wouldn't show.


Have a great day and thanks for taking a look at my Blog!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment