Monday, April 16, 2012

Fun with Paper Flowers

Hi everyone! 
In case you're wondering..... my finger is getting better every day.  It has a few funky colors and is quite tender, and as the swelling goes down I can bend it more and more each day!  :)

Hope you're having a fabulous day!  It finally feels like Spring and I've been out in the wonderful sunshine all day!  Love it!

My layout for today was put together with DCWV paper.
Other supplies used:  White cardstock: ColorBok, red ribbon, watercolor pencils, Hello Again Stampin' Up! stamp set, Ink: A la mode Red and Pink, Sizzix leaf die, sanding block, simulated pearls.


There's a story behind this single flower (I always have a story)!  If it's too wordy, sorry, but that's how I roll.  
I knew I wanted to put a flower under the corner of this journaling block but was having a difficult time manipulating the flower the way I wanted.  Believe it or not, I worked on this flower for a couple days (off and on)!  The flower was traced from a chipboard flower that I had.  I scrunched it, I folded it..... and then it was decided it looked better in half, but what about those stubborn petals that wouldn't go where I wanted them to?  Ugh!  
I know, I spent way too much time on this!  I'm a perfectionist and was determined to get this flower the way I wanted it..... and still look good!
This is what I came up with.  Yes, it's pretty plain and simple, and I like it!  It's hard to see the petals that are scrunched and bent down.

Love, love, love making these paper flowers!  These were so fun!  And I didn't even use a Sizzix die to make them!  
I traced random flower shapes and stencils that I've had for years, picked a couple different sizes and cut them out.
The best part is scrunching the paper to get it just right.  Then I just layered them until it looked good.  I turned up some of the petals.  The others got severely scrunched and folded!  The leaves were just pinched together and the edges were sanded.


I've had envelope making stencils for quite some time and hardly used them.  It was time to dig those out. This is the cutest envelope ever!  Not too big, not too small, but just right!  
I inked the edges of the envelope, added pearls in each corner and a bow topped it off.

This is the little card that fits into the envelope.  I find myself using the "Hello Again" stamp set more and more.  It's so cute!  
I used watercolor pencils to color the flowers and leaves and inked the edges of the card with red ink.


I don't have a lot of Sizzix dies, but this leaf die has to be my favorite.  It really completes any flowers that I put together.  And if I want only the leaves because the stem is too long, I just snip off the leaves and glue them under the flower.  Easy peasy! 

Have a wonderful day and thanks for checking out my Blog!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment