Sunday, April 15, 2012

On the Menu for Today... Plenty of Ruffles!

Hi everyone!

Here's my layout for today.

Supplies I used:  Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock: ColorBok, cheesecloth, yellow and blue rosettes, Prima flowers, wallpaper flower, Sizzix flower die, seam binding rosette, craft yarn, simulated pearls, needle and thread, tissue paper.

 This was a fun layout!  I love the colors and how my tissue paper ruffled border turned out.



 Here's a closeup of the tissue paper border.  After finding the right color of tissue paper, I cut strips lengthwise and folded it in half.  I tried a couple of things before the final outcome.  I thought pleating it would look good.......No.  Next I tried gathering it and gluing to keep it in place..... No.

Then I saw my needle and thread just begging to be used!  I thought, "Why not?"  Of course, running a needle through tissue paper is a very delicate thing!  I had to be very careful when gathering and only did small sections at a time.  Then I realized the strips were not long enough!  Not a problem, I just added another piece and continued gathering with my needle and thread.  I even had a difficult time to see where the two pieces came together!  Yay!  :)

I attached it to my layout with hot glue, to make sure it stayed in place.
As a final touch, I added simulated pearls to the ruffles.

Hope you like it!

Have a wonderful day and a huge thank you for checking out my Blog!
Polly  :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty layout, Polly. I don't know if I would have the patience with the tissu paper border.:>}

    ReplyDelete