Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ever Have "One of Those Days?"

Hello!
The day is almost over and I decided to post a card.
That's how I roll!  :)

It's been "one of those days" in which everything is BLAH!  Didn't feel like doing anything... 
exhausted and very tired.
How could I feel like this when it was such a beautiful day outside?

I had plans to be outside all day, working in my flower gardens and 
strawberry patch, while it was nice out.

Instead, I stayed inside pretty much the whole day!  I did manage to get out of my own way enough to make a few cards.  I even surprised myself by doing that!

I usually get this way in the Spring.  And, I didn't even realize it until a friend recently stated, "It's that time of year when you feel like this... burned out.  You were like this around the same time last year too."  Then I put it all together and that's exactly what happens!  The only reason I can come up with is it's because I'm "coming down" from all the craziness of Holidays that are bunched together (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter)!  
Whoa....... that's enough to tire anyone out!

Maybe it's something else.  Maybe I don't want to know.  Maybe it's just another
one of those "mysterious things" that I just need to deal with.

Whatever the reason, I am thankful that it doesn't last very long (although for me, it's way too long) 
and it only happens once a year!
Strange, I know!  And I need to clarify that I'M not strange, it's the things happening to me that are!  :)

Anyone else ever feel like this?
Well, something to ponder on I guess.... or not!

Here's my card.  Enjoy!
Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock, Cuttlebug embossing folder,
Cake stamp: Close to My Heart, watercolor pencils,
Sentiment: Stampin' Up! For A Friend, Ink: Adirondack Purple Twilight,
Martha Stewart border punch

This was a quick and easy card to put together.  I embossed white cardstock to place in the upper half of the card and used a border punch on the patterned paper and purple cardstock strip to place on top of that.  I used watercolor pencils to add some color to the cake, but I didn't color everything because that would have been "too much."  I layered cardstock and patterned paper to frame the cake.  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment using the For A Friend stamp set and colored the candle.

That's it.  Easy peasy!
A great way to mass produce cards.
Just use different colored cardstock, patterned paper, embossing folders,
stamps and sentiments.  This layout would also be great for a box of gift cards.

Hope you're having a wonderful start to the weekend!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment