Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Trying to Get Organized! HA!

Hello!
Here I am, posting late in the day again!
Busy day with appointments and running errands.  Best part of the day?  Eating lunch out with my hubby!

And, I still had time to try and organize my cards, layouts, mini albums and other crafting stuff when I got home.
Well, this is going to be a long process, but I'm hoping that when I'm all done, I'll be able to find a layout or card and get the "products used" list right at my fingertips!  That's the plan anyways.

So, I started by printing out a 4x6 copy of all my layouts, cards, etc.
Then I attached the "recipe" on the back of that.  The initial use of printer ink is going to be a corker, but as long as I can keep up with it as I'm making craft projects, it shouldn't be too bad, right?  

I started with a photo box to organize everything.  
I made titles onto cardstock, such as 2-page layouts, 1-page layouts, cards, etc.
Then I made subcategories such as, paper bag mini albums, toilet paper mini albums and all the holidays that I make cards for (Easter, Halloween, Birthday, Sympathy, Thinking of You, etc).

I actually wondered how this would work, so after today, actually filing a lot of what I've done so far, I really think this is going to work out!  Imagine that!

I got tired of searching everywhere for the recipe for what I made.  I knew there had to be a better way to get this organized.  And, it had to be something that "works for me!"
I'll have to remember to keep you posted as to how this is REALLY working for me!  :)

Here is my 1-page layout for today.... ummm.... I mean tonight.
Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White textured cardstock: Colorbok,
Watercolor pencil, Nestabilities Labels Die, Big Shot, Hand made satin ribbon flower, 
Hand made ribbon rosette, Hand made glitter ribbon rosettes, Hand cut felt leaves, 
Prima flower, Needle and thread 

I love making these flowers!  I really should try to make other ones too.  
There are so many pretty flowers to make and so little time!  :)

Hope you had a wonderful day today!
And, if you're checking out my Blog......... THANK YOU!!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment