Friday, June 8, 2012

A Cool Day For Cards

Hi!
No, really..... it is a cool day outside today, but it's always a great day to 
make a few cards, right?

I did have plans for today.  I was going to plant my garden, but the weather had other
plans...... and didn't want to cooperate with me, so it decided to rain.
So, my garden planting will have to wait another day.

Instead, I will "hide away" in my craft room and do some organizing and possibly
some creating too.

Here is my trio of cards for today.
Enjoy.

This layout is great for a card.  I think I may make more cards using this layout.

I used my Sizzix to emboss the paper, gold sheer ribbon was added.  The flowers are Prima.  I couldn't find the right color for the top flower, so I found a Bic marker that matched and colored it.  I inked the edges of the bottom flower with the marker also.  A gem was added for the center of the flower.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Sizzix, Prima flowers,
Bic Marker, Gem, Gold sheer ribbon, Sentiment: Heidi Grace Designs, 
Ink: Color Box Chestnut Roan


Her card was so cute, I just had to make some cards using this layout.

The flower was hand cut from random flower stencils then gently curled under.  I cut a circle from the pattern paper, sanded the edges and used it as the center for the flower.  The leaves
are from the Sizzix leaf die.  

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Momenta, White cardstock,
Sentiment: Inkadinkadoo, Hand cut flowers,
Sizzix leaf die, Big Shot, Sanding, Ink: Vivid! Teal 


This card is so full of Spring!
The inspiration from this card came from here: http://lauri-paperville.blogspot.com/

I stamped the butterfly stamp several times, hand cut and embossed them.  I folded them in the middle so the wings would stand up slightly.  I used glue only in the center where the fold was so they would stay slightly lifted from the card.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White cardstock,
Sentiment: Stampin' Up! Happy Moments, Cuttlebug embossing folders,
Sizzix, Ink: Vivid! Teal and Adirondack Pool

Have a wonderful day!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment