Thursday, June 21, 2012

Life is Sweet.... And The Mosquitoes Are Bitter

Good Thursday morning to you!

The sun was blazing hot yesterday.... and no bugs.  Except for when we went into the
woods, so the Boy Scouts could play their game of Smugglers & Spies.

Mosquitoes!  
We haven't seen this many ganging up on us in a long time!  I think
they were just sitting somewhere patiently waiting for "fresh blood" to get there!
Wow!  That was harsh!  You know it's bad when they gather together to attack you.... like five at
a time in one spot!  Yikes!
I got my exercise in though.  I had to keep walking back and forth and swinging my arms 
around and slapping myself constantly!  The more we killed, the more that showed up!

The boys, on the other hand, were not so "bugged" because they were running through the woods, 
hardly staying still for a moment.  The important thing is that they had a good time!

Now, onto a much more pleasant subject than mosquitoes....
My card for today.

I started with a plan in my head that I was going to make a totally white on white card, but then
I decided to add just a touch of color and really like how this turned out.
I'll have to search for that plan (in my head) when I do decide to make a
white on white card.  :)

How can you go wrong with embossing?  I love the texture it brings to any card.
So simple and easy.  Emboss, layer and add a sentiment (or not) and you've
got a smashing card!

Supplies used:
Paper: Autumn Leaves, White Cardstock, White Textured Cardstock: Colorbok,
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Sizzix, Sentiment: Paper Company Clear Stamps,
Ink: Vivid! Teal

Have a wonderful day!
And try to stay away from those pesky mosquitoes!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment