Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Memories From Old Photos

Good morning,
Another rainy day here, which means another day to craft!  Yay!

Instead of crafting yesterday, I sifted through more of my photos, picking ones I might want
to scrap.  It was fun look at them and remember all the fun times and events that I forgot about
but remembered because of the photos.  A lot of them brought a smile to my face and some, a good laugh!

At another one of my garage sale finds, I purchased two WalMart bags jam-packed with flowers and
what better day to "deal with those" than on a rainy day!   
First, they needed a serious "bath" because the previous
owners smoked.  Yuck!  Once they dried, I got busy tearing them apart.  The flowers were put into one bin and the leaves were put into a separate bin.
Wow, I have some pretty flowers to add to my layouts now!  :)

I also decided to bake yesterday.  Yes, you did read that right!
I made more rhubarb muffins.  Man, those are so good (except for all the sugar that's in them).
Next I made strawberry muffins.  And ended the day making my homemade spaghetti sauce,
complete with fresh herbs from my herb garden.
Of course, I ate too much!  But it sure was good.

My card for today is a "For You" card, which I made several weeks ago.  I forgot about this card
until I went through my stash and realized I didn't post this one.  

I love this DCWV paper pack!  The card is really simple and came together fast.  A good
layout to create a batch of cards (with various sentiments) to put inside a gift box or 
change the sentiment to say "Thank You" 
and make a batch for that special someone.  There are so many possibilities! 

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sizzix
Nestabilities Labels Die
Big Shot
Sentiment: Fiskars Clear Stamps
Ink: Vivid! Teal

Thanks so much for taking a peek at my Blog.
Have wonderful day!
Polly  :)

1 comment:

  1. Popped over from Let's Scrap to check out your blog, Polly, and am so glad that I did! Just joined as a follower, and will be following by e-mail (the only way I can remember!). I love this card AND your suggestion to make several at a time. Come visit me when you get a chance:
    kaywallacescrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete