Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Yipeeee! My Layout Was Featured

My layout was featured on Soul Scrappers! 
I'm so excited and totally thrilled!
Thank you so much for featuring my layout!

Hop on over and check out this great site.  Below is the link to their main page: 

Here's the sketch for Sketch Challenge 53 (SC53).



And here's my take on the sketch entitled BEAUTY.

I flipped the layout on it's side and went from there.  I liked the way it looked on it's side.
These are the photos I took last week of the flowers in a couple of my gardens.

Here's the story behind the layout (Remember, I always have a story)!!

I knew I wanted to use chipboard for the title letters, but they were not the same color.  I was stumped for just a bit.  Then I decided to try painting the chipboard and pressing it into the glitter.  I've had a quart size bag of glitter hanging around for some time, which I got for a steal at a garage sale.
Shazam!  It came out really good.... better than I expected!  I loved it!!

The butterfly ribbon was purchased at garage sales also.  
I bought the flowers (and leaves) at a store and when I got home, I couldn't wait to tear them apart.  
It's amazing how many single flowers came from ONE flower!  And how many leaves are on one bunch of flowers!  I was truly lovin' this!
Now it was super easy to layer several colors and sizes to create "my own" flower.
I used a stick pin through the flower layers, which kept them together. 
The center of the flower is a rosette that I made with glitter ribbon.
I cut one of the butterflies off the ribbon strip and glued (just the body of the butterfly) onto the flower.

You'll notice I added a journaling block and no journaling.  I didn't really want to add my own
handwriting just yet........ so I submitted it without journaling. 

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, White Cardstock
Butterfly Ribbon
Flowers & Leaves:  Local Store
Straight Pin
Lavender Glitter Ribbon Rosette: Hand Made
Title: Chipboard, Folk Art Paint (Wicker White), Glitter
Sharpie Marker, Ruler

Enjoy!
Polly  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment