Monday, September 3, 2012

Mud Fun

Hi!
You know it's truly Fall when you have to start pulling out the dead veggie plants out of 
the garden!  I'm done with my peas and green/yellow beans and my lettuce is long gone, so I might as well pull them all out of the garden!
I made piles (of all the dead plants) along the outside of the garden and my hubby mulched
everything back into the garden.  Pretty cool!
I also have a large compost bin in which all the kitchen scraps go into and each Spring 
I put all the compost into my garden and till it.

Anyhow, enough of gardening stuff and now onto the fun stuff.  :)

I entered a layout in the Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/ 
Inspiration Club.  The challenge was to create a layout using
sanding and distressing.

I chose a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers (#123 p1)  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/

Here's my layout.

Love these photos of Andrew having a blast in the mud!

Journaling reads:
The field behind our house became the place where loads and loads of dirt was dumped.  After it rained, the dirt became mud.  Andrew wanted to go "mudding" with old bike.  Even though it was short-lived,
he has so much fun spinning his tires in the mud, doing jumps and completely covering his bike and
sneakers in mud!  October 2, 2008

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (hand embossed)
Sanding Block
Folk Art Brown Paint
Font: Cricut Stamped
Cricut
Ribbon
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)


 This photo shows some of the sanding along the edges of each photo as well as the 
title letters, embossing and paint marks.


I actually "hand embossed" the paper across the bottom of my layout.
I still used the embossing folder and just squeezed the paper between the folder,
pressing down firmly all along it.  The result was a "softer" embossing, which
is exactly what I was looking for!  I thought it came out really well. 
I also lightly sanded the embossing and gently brushed paint randomly along the
embossed strip.


I used the brown ribbon to wrap around one corner of the photo and a strip of
ribbon along the left side of my layout.

Thanks for looking!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment