Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Snowstorm

Hi there!
I hate to even think about SNOW right now, especially since it's so nice out!
But I do have some really cool photos on this layout to share with you.

Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/ had a Scoring and Folding Challenge.  This was so FUN!!
I got to do all sorts of cool things with papers.

I chose the sketch below from the Let's Scrap gallery (4-25-12)

4-25-12


And this is my layout:

We get a lot of snow each year.  This particular snowstorm hit us with about three
feet of snow!  Poor Andrew, he snowblowed just about all day long!
I think he deserved a break to play with Zoe and throw some
snowballs for her.

Supplies used:
Paper: Momenta, DCWV
Martha Stewart Scoring Board
Iridescent Snowflakes
Magic Mesh
Netting
EK Success Circle Punch
Scalloped Edge Decorative Cardstock (traced and hand cut border)
Stretchy Cording
Metal Letters: Karen Foster Metals
Sharpie Marker (for journaling)
Sanding Block


The left side of the layout 


Here's a couple closeups of the paper "flowers" and how I used these
cute little snowflakes for the centers.


These cute letters came from deep within my stash and thought they fit in well
with this layout. 


I strung stretchy cording through each letter (over and under style), which made
the letters slant different ways and really brought some interest to the layout.


The right side of the layout.  For the upper flower, I used a strip of the lined paper,
which came out so pretty!


This was a bit harder to score and fold, as the cardstock was really thick.  But in the end,
the flower came out so cool! 


I decided to hide my journaling.  I used Magic Mesh under the journaling folder and netting.  I used a smaller
piece of paper to wrap around the front of the folder, utilizing the patterned paper to it's full potential.
 I used half of the circle cut with the circle punch and also added a "half" flower in the corner and finished everything off by adding a few snowflakes randomly. 


Here's a look at my journaling.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment