Sunday, November 4, 2012

My First Tag

Hi there!

I finally gathered all my supplies and created a TAG!  I have never made a tag... but this
challenge looked so inviting... that I decided to play along!

My tag was submitted at Sketches 4 All  http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/
for their Tag with Metal challenge.

I am PROUD to announce that they also FEATURED my Tag!  So honored and
thrilled!  So exciting!!  :)

Here's what I created:
There was a "process" in making this tag.  Let me explain...
I started with a plain cardstock tag and adhered twine randomly all over the front.  I found
this thin paper in my stash and glued it down over the twine, pressing in between the
twine for some dimension.  I used smooch spritz over the tag.

Then I searched for just the right metal pieces.  I recently broke apart an old diskette and
used the center circle.  There were two small holes in the circle which were conveniently 
covered with my metal word tag.  I also added a heart clip and buckle which has 
a piece of ribbon through it.

Cheesecloth was added along the left side of the tag.  Then the flowers, leaves and other
random flower "pieces" were added.  Just a couple of strips of gems were added, peeking out
from under the flowers and larger gems provided the flower centers.
The tag was finished with a ribbon.

Supplies used:
Cardstock
Twine
Old Paper
Ribbon
Smooch Spritz
Cheesecloth
Random flower "pieces"
Flowers/Leaves
Gems: Forever in Time

Here's a closer look at each side of my tag... so you can see the dimension.



Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment