Monday, November 5, 2012

You are growing up...

Hello,

I have a couple of entries to share with you on this cool, crisp day.

My first entry was submitted at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their Word Challenge - STILL (WC16).

I chose a sketch from Scrapbooks, Etc. (May/June 2009).
Here's my layout:
Love this photo of Andrew, looking so sharp in his uniform.  Photo was taken by our
daughter after his graduation from Basic Training in Texas.

Journaling reads:
You are growing up...
but you are STILL my little boy!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Hearts
Arrows: Hand Made
Ribbons
Silver Sharpie Marker
Computer Font: Polonaise
Ink: A la mode Blue
Sharpie Marker

 The hearts were traced & cut from a random die cut I've had and the edges sanded.
The arrows was traced along the edges with a silver sharpie.

I'll call this my "arrow grouping" since there are several arrows pointing toward
the photo.
I placed the journaling blocks onto the blue cardstock and outlined it with silver.
The large arrow was hand made.  Dashes were made along the edges and inked after.
I have several strips of patterned papers behind the photo as well as various ribbons.

A better look at my arrow and layering.  A different size heart which was also traced,
cut and sanded. 

Here's a closer look at my grouping. 

I just HAD to show you a closer look at my boy!  :) 

An even closer look at my layering of papers and ribbons and the silver dashes along
the large arrow.



And now for my card.   I submitted this card at Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/
for their Card Challenge using Metal (Novembercard).

The metal piece is the star on the tip of the tag.  Hard to miss it... as it's such a dark purple!  :)
Love this border punch!  It's so elegant.  I punched a couple of strips of cardstock and layered
them, cut out the tag, added the sentiment and flower stamps and ribbon.  The edges were inked.

Supplies used:
DCWV, White cardstock
EK Success Border Punch
Ribbon
Tag: Paper Pizazz
Metal Star Brad
Ink: A la mode Aqua & Stampin' Up! Lavender Lace
Sentiment & Flower Stamps (unknown brand)

Thanks for taking a peek at my Blog!
Hope you'll stop by again!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment