Saturday, November 3, 2012

Personality

Hi there,
It's a quiet Saturday here and I'm having fun in my craft room.
The laundry can wait.  Hee hee!

Here's a layout that I just completed at Soul Scrappers http://soul-scrappers.ning.com/
for their Recipe Challenge (CUCC9).

The recipe includes:
1.  A bright background
2.  Three patterned papers: spots, stripes & chevrons
3.  Some dimension

I chose a sketch from Scrapbooks, Etc.
Here's my layout:
These photos were taken just last month when our grandson spent a couple of days
with us.  I never know when he's going to "make faces" and there were several photos
where I'm smiling away and he's making a face!  So, this one time I glances over at him
and saw that he was making a face, so I joined in too!  It sure made for some laughs!
Now I have a "goofy" photo of us!  :)

I'm hoping my background paper serves as "bright."  The patterns I used: stripes, dots
and chevrons and pop dots were used for dimension under the metal "love" tag, the arrows
and under my journaling block.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV, Colorbok
Circle Template: Creative Memories Decorative Cardstock
Sanding Block
Arrows: Hand Made
Sharpie Marker
Heart: Trace & hand cut
Rick Rack
Felt Rick Rack
Sticker Title: Miss Elizabeth's
Metal Tag
Sheer Ribbon
Pop Dots

The heart was sanded.  You can see the pop dots under the metal tag.  I knotted sheer
ribbon on each end of the tag. 

Well, you can't see the pop dots, but you can tell there's dimension here!  :)
The edges of the journaling block was sanded.

Since I didn't really like the "brown" dot included on my title sticker, I cut out a 
glitter star from the patterned paper and adhered it over the circle.
I added a bow... to hopefully draw the eye to the page title, as it is not very
noticeable.


 The arrows were also sanded and a pop dot added under it.

Not sure if these qualify as "chevrons" but this is my take on it.  I used small white 
rick rack above the chevrons strip.


This felt rick rack was a super find at a discount store!  It's so cute!  I purchased a couple
of different colors.

Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment