Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Layout was FEATURED!!!

Hi there,

My layout was featured on Let's Scrap http://letsscrap.ning.com/ 
and I'm so honored and excited!!!

Here's the sketch:
The deadline for submissions is November 20th.

This is what I created:
I was a bit hesitant about working with hexagons.  So, I hopped online and found some
cool die cuts.  There was actually so many different sizes, that it wasn't long before I had the two sizes I was going to use!  That's all I needed!  :)

These photos were taken a couple of years ago in a field close to where our grandson lives.
We had all the dogs with us, so why not do a photo shoot, right?
Max is such a wiggly dog... it was challenging to get a photo of him, but the
photos actually came out pretty good!

Supplies used:'
Paper: DCWV
Distressing w/Scissors
Ribbons
Word Stickers: Miss Elizabeth's
Leaves Stickers: The Paper Studio
Sharpie Marker

I decided to layer the hexagons, but they just didn't look right... they looked so plain.
So, I distressed the edges and they looked so much better!
I used stickers for the two lighter hexagons.
Ribbons are along the bottom with more leaves stickers.

On the right side of the page, I used more stickers and did some hand journaling in the
other hexagon.

A closer look at the distressing, ribbons and sticker.

Love how these turned out!

A closer look at the title sticker.

Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment