Friday, January 4, 2013

Graduation Day

Hello,

I have a layout that was submitted at Paper Secrets for their January "Sketch with a Twist" Challenge.  The deadline for entries is January 14th.   Here's the sketch:

The "Twist" is to use washi tape on your layout.

This is what I created:
 These photos are of our son and his cousins.... all graduation in 2010.  After their graduation and the crowds had thinned out, I asked them to come up on stage and take a "random" photo.... in which they could do whatever for my photo.  That's the photo on the left.  Then I had to have a "good" photo!  Loved how they were all smiles at the idea of a photo shoot after days of preparing and various ceremonies leading up to their big day.

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Distressing
Puffy Grad Hat: Karen Foster
Sticker Title: Karen Foster
Ribbon
Sharpie Marker
Hand Made Washi Tape

The title sticker was added to the cardstock banner and the edges distressed.
 
I made my own washi tape!  This was so fun.  I used 1 inch double stick tape, old book paper, glitter paint and ink and stamps.
For my page, I layered the washi tape.  And for the top banner to remain up off the page, I adhered it to cardstock and trimmed around it.
 
 The die cut under the photo was traced from a 12x12 decorative cardstock shapes.  I traced the size I wanted to create this cute square and the edges were distressed.

This cute journaling block was on the cardstock, so there was nothing to add but my puffy sticker and journaling.  How cool is that?!?
 
This photo gives you a better look at the washi tape and how the top banner is slightly lifted off the page.
 
I used a border punch under the photos and ribbon, just above the washi tape.
 
I added two small banners to the right of the photo block to cover some flowers that were on the cardstock.  Since I really didn't was those cute (and feminine) flowers on my page, I simply covered them with the banners.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Libby  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!!!! That is amazing that you made your own washi tape!! Absolutely awesome and thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Secrets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the sketch and with making your own washi tape! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete