Saturday, January 5, 2013


Hi there!

I had plans... but you know how those can go awry in a hurry.  I had plans to scrap all day today.  What else is there to do on a very cold Saturday, right?
I started by looking over the challenges that I really want to complete for January.  I gathered all my supplies and put them all in order according to the date they are due.  That took me longer than anticipated.  Doesn't it always?  We get so involved in the moment and forget all else.  At least that's what happens to me.  :)

As I was trying to find flowers in my bin (yes, all loose), I realized that I couldn't find the flowers I knew I had.  So, another project began.  First, you  should know that I have more than one large bin of flowers... I have 5!  But I was only starting with one bin because that was the one with all the tiny flowers.
Well, that took a few hours.  I "found" some super cute teeny tiny flowers that I thought were lost forever.  I sorted all the little flowers into baggies.  I'm hoping I won't get too annoyed pulling out all these baggies to find what kind of flower I want to use.  It has to be much better than digging into the bin to hopefully find the flower I need for my page.

Anyhow, the reason for my post today:


I submitted my layout at Let's Scrap for their weekly sketch challenge (1-2-13).  Here's the sketch:

Using only the left side of the sketch, this is what I created:
 This is a photo of our daughter (who is in the Air Guard) and her friend (who is in the Army).  The photo was taken before they were to march in the July 4th Parade in our area.  They were not only excited to be in the parade, but to be marching with my hubby!  This is one proud mom!!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co.
Swirls: Hand Cut
Various Flowers
Satin Rosettes: Hand Made
Seam Binding Rosettes: Hand Made
Gems: Forever in Time
Snow Globe Glitter Gems: Forever in Time
Glitter Chipboard Butterflies & Heart
Perfect Pearls Mists
Clear Gems
Clear Glass Bauble
Stone Title Sticker: Sticko

Thought this "stone" sticker fit perfectly with my page.
I have lots of photos of, I think, one of my favorite work of art!  Hope you don't get too bored.  I was trying to get different angles to give you a better look at the various flowers and gems, etc.
 The swirls were misted and the edges distressed.  I kept the three leaves attached (rather than snipping them all apart) and tucked it under the large blue flower with the glass bauble.  Pearls were adhered randomly amongst the flowers.

This is the right side of my page.  Those butterflies are the cutest!  They were purchased in a package of various shapes and colors and are tags.  That's right... tags.  That's why there is a small pearl on the butterfly... to cover the hole.  I bent the wings up a bit so they would remain lifted off the page a bit.
The dark blue satin rosette was handmade, as well as the small rosettes which were made using seam binding ribbon.  I bought a shoe box full of seam binding ribbon at a garage sale a few years ago.  I have lots to play around with and the size is just right... not too small, not too large... but just right!
This large blue flower was from huge flowers that were given to me many years ago.  Rather than leave them stuffed in a box, I washed them up and tore them all apart.  This flower petal serves well as a "leaf" and looks so cool under the large white flower.
I also folded the heart a bit for dimension.  The swirl above was also misted.
The lace fabric was a much larger piece and I cut it down and used the ribbon to cover the edge of the lace.

This is the flower grouping under the photo.  All sorts of flowers in different sizes for variety and interest.  Lots of gems were used... snow globe, clear gems and gems.  I also added some leaves under a couple of the flowers.  Pearls were added around some of the flowers.

 You can see the dimension from the butterflies and flowers that are overlapping.

These next several photos show the different flowers, gems, pearls and clear glass bauble that I used.

Adding these pearls was challenging!  Those little buggers kept jumping out from between my fingers and rolling all over my desk!  I was glad to get them back in the bag!
Even though the pearls were being difficult, I love how this turned out!
A better look at the misting.

I was trying to get a shot of the whole flower grouping.

Hope you like my layout!
Thanks for stopping by.
Libby  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment