Sunday, January 6, 2013

Cards

Hi there,
Pretty mellow day today.  All is quiet here and I'm lovin' it!

I have a couple of cards to share that were submitted at Stuck on U Sketches for their first card sketch of 2013.  An additional challenge is to use only scraps.  So, I went digging through all my scraps and came up with some papers that actually matched!  :)

This is the sketch:


I ended up making two cards, playing around with the hexagons.  They're similar except for the matting of hexagons on one card and the sentiments and flowers are different.
 As I mentioned above, these were made using scraps.  I usually save my scraps (a large bag of them) for this sort of thing.  I never know when I need to dig through the bag to find just the right paper color.

I used my Nestabilities dies and the hexagons were printed on line.  I added ribbon through the center and two flowers with gems. 
 

The hexagons for this card were matted onto white cardstock and the edges were distressed.  Because they were matted, I used less hexagons on this card.
 


Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!
Libby  :)

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, Libby! I like that you were able to use the sketch twice and use up those scraps. The colors are delightful! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two cards! Well done Libby. Loving the colours used and great that you were able to use up some some scraps - always good! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete