Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Family

Hi again,

One more layout to share for today... really.
This was a submission at Colorful Creations for their Creative Monthly Project (CMPFOIL)... using foil.

I used  a C.C. sketch by Bev Code.  
This is what I created:
This is a family photo taken while we visited my sister and her girls a few years ago.  I set my camera on timer and we had a blast... until the "boys" put a damper on things and said that was enough photos.

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co.
Aluminum foil
Ribbon
Flowers
Heart
Gem Brads
Darice Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Title Sticker
EK Success Corner Rounder
Distress Stain: Tim Holtz

 The center of the flowers are aluminum foil.  I punched a circle and crinkled aluminum foil before wrapping it around the cardstock circle.  How cute is that?

This was cool ribbon to work with... it flowed exactly the way I wanted... which usually doesn't happen!

 
On the center strip I added a sticker, which serves as my layout title.  Below that I added three brads.
 
I wrapped the aluminum foil around a cardstock shape and ran it through my Big Shot to emboss it.
Absolutely love how this turned out!   I added a smaller flower on the heart.
 
Here's a closer look at the aluminum flower center.
 
The matting for the photo was created in the same way as the heart... wrapping aluminum around cardstock and then embossing it.  I used distress stain around the matting, but it didn't show up very well.
 



Hope you enjoyed your visit.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment