Thursday, February 28, 2013

Paper Bag Album

Hi there!

I have a project to share with you that I submitted at Colorful Creations for the Song Challenge that I'm hosting for March (marsong6).


I decided on something different than my usual layout and I've been really wanting to make more mini albums... especially after seeing so many great tutorials out there!

So, here's the song and lyrics I've chosen for my challenge this month.  Can you just picture T. Cruise in the movie "Risky Business" dancing to these tunes with his white shirt and socks?  hee hee

Old Time Rock 'n' Roll by Boy Seger

 Just take those old records off the shelf
I'll sit and listen to 'em by myself
Today's music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll
Don't try to take me to a disco
You'll never even get me out on the floor
In ten minutes I'll be late for the door
I like that old time rock 'n' roll

Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock 'n' roll
Won't go to hear them play a tango
I'd rather hear some blues or funky old soul
There's only sure way to get me to go
Start playing old time rock 'n' roll
Call me a relic, call me what you will
Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill
Today' music ain't got the same soul
I like that old time rock 'n' roll

Still like that old time rock 'n' roll
That kind of music just soothes the soul
I reminisce about the days of old
With that old time rock 'n' roll

My thoughts were to create just a few pages, but as I began printing out the photos, I ended up with way more than "a few!"  So, get ready for some fun pages!

Here's what I created:
Rather than use a series of photos of my scrap room or myself working at my desk, I decided to highlight portions of my favorite layouts previously created.  It was really hard to choose only these ones... since I have so many favorite layouts!

This is the front of my album.  These words from the song, "soothes the soul" really caught my eye and instantly I thought of "music" soothing the soul... but as I thought about it a bit more, I realized that scrapbooking continues to soothe MY soul.  It's my outlet... my way to "escape" from life for awhile and forget all the speed bumps in life.  It truly soothes my soul.

If it looks a bit wider than a "normal" paper bag... it is.  Instead of leaving the bag folded up, I pulled out the (pleats) on the sides and flattened it out which made it wider.  Just what I was looking for!

I used a portion of another bag to wrap around what will be my seam and used my eyelet hole maker for the holes on the sides to string the ribbon through and tie a bow.  I used distress stain on all the page edges and on the binding edge and misted all the pages.  Yup, I used a lot of mist... in fact, one bottle of my favorite is almost gone!  :(


I stayed with a general pattern throughout the album which made it easier to assemble.  I added lots of sequins, buttons, flowers and tags and ribbon on each page.  Why?  It's simple... these are my favorites!

Here's the album standing up.  Each page has a pocket in which I added even more photos of my favorites.  Each tag is the size of a 4x6 photo which was matted with pp on the backs of each one and ribbon added on the ends to easily pull out to look at.




Here's the page, in the middle of my album, where I decided to add a photo of me in my craft room... my all-time favorite place to be!





This is the back of my album.

Here's one of the tags.  Ribbon was stapled on each tag.



So that's my (mini) album.
Hope you liked it!


No comments:

Post a Comment