Saturday, March 2, 2013

Costumes

Hi there,
Happy Saturday to you all!

Well, I made it to Week 9 for the Colorful Creations "So You Think You Can Scrap" Challenge (SYTYCS09).  Woo hoo!!

So the challenge this time was a bit harder.  It took me a couple of days to think of something.  Every time I sat in my craft room ready to work on it... nothing came to me.  I had to do what I usually do and leave it for awhile.  In the back of my mind I was always thinking about it though.  Finally, today... something came to me!  Yay!

Here's the sketch we had to use:
http://api.ning.com/files/CkX1bo9MZu70VqpbwvI1KFD4lsXukLlkTdMSeSsJmCFOOOx398Z7sBFLqfynvpFDiH4QkGj3iNk8eQvdqlln46IZaXI1TPCD/SYTYCS9.jpg

PLUS:  Use 6 photos and a 1 word title.

And you MUST use the following requirements on your layout also:

2 Different Stamps
1 Pin
2 Recycled Elements
1 Hand Made Element
 1 Rub on

Here's what I created:
Using various photos from our "dressing up for Halloween" days, this is my creation.  Each year we all dressed up.  I went to work like this and when I got home we would all dress up and go "out on the town."  It was such a fun time.

I used all the requirements:
1.  Sketch
2.  6 photos
3.  1 word title: "Costumes"
4.  2 different stamps: SU Best Blossoms (Leaves) & SU Great Friend (Butterfly)
5.  1 Pin: I used a stick pin located by the flower
6.  2 recycled items:  A watch face on the right of the photo block and the gold heart in the flower center is an old earring
7.  1 rub on: Upper right of my page
8.  1 hand made element: I made a layered paper flower.

Here's the list of other supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Sticker Letters
Ink: Vivid! Brown
EK Success Border Punch
Perfect Pearls Mist: Heirloom Gold
Gold Embossing Powder
Label Stencil: Paper Pizazz
Sharpie Marker

The rub on is American Crafts.  Love the detail in it.
 
I went digging in my stash once again and found this watch face with the backing still on it, so I just adhered it to the page as is.
 
 I added the stickers to my scrap paper, then used the label stencil to trace around it and inked the edges.

The journaling is a bit harder to read... here's what it says:

Halloween at our house was always a fun time dressing in various costumes each year.  Lynn, Andrew and I
 
Here's my hand made element which is a layered patterned paper flower.  I used decorative scissors to randomly cut different size circles, snipped some slits in each layer, inked the edges, misted them and scrunched them up before layering them.

One of my recycled items is this flower center which is an old earring.  I snipped off the back attachments and adhered it to the flower.  Cool, huh?
    
 I used a border punch along both sides of this strip of paper and using the holes already created, I put the stick pin through a couple of the holes.

The stick pin is another great find from my jewelry box.  It's something that was never used and was buried deep in the bottom.... but I found it... and it's perfect for my page!
 
 


Here's a look at the punched border.
 
 Using the Stampin' Up! Best Blossoms set, I stamped the leaves and embossed them with gold embossing powder.

 
This stamp is from the Stampin' Up! Great Friend set.  Love this butterfly, which was also embossed with the gold.
These are my two different stamps requirements.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment