Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sleeping Beauty

Hi there,

Well, if it's going to snow 6-8 inches it better get hopping!  With only a few flakes falling in spurts, it's no wonder that they said it was a "slow moving" storm.  

Here's my layout for today, which was submitted at Archi-scraps for their March Inspiration Challenge.  This is the inspiration photo:
 
This could be a "Hobbit house" or a fairytale house of some sort.  Either way, the challenge is to do a fairytale theme.

Here's what I created:
This is our daughter, after a long day at work, she curled up on our couch and fell asleep.

Supplies used:
Papers: Kraft, Momenta, DCWV
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Folk Art Paints: Brown, Black, Gray
Gesso
Extreme Glitter Paint: Gold & Green
Extreme Paint: Tulip
Mister Huey's Color Mists: Clay & Gable Green
Perfect Pearls Mists: Perfect Pearls, Forever Green, Blue Smoke
Stencil for Clouds & Trees
Fringe Fabric
Flowers & Flower Pieces
Sticker Title: Miss Elizabeth's

It's had to see, but imagine "trees" on this background.  :)  Using a stencil and sponge brush, I dabbed a mixture of color mist and gesso onto my page, leaving it clumpy to hopefully look more like trees.  Another sponge brush with brown paint was dabbed lightly for the trees trunk.  Finally, I added glitter paint on the trees.  I realize now that I should've added a bit more color to the trees so they would show up better.
 
 My clouds were created using Extreme "Tulip" Paint which has flecks of different colors in it.  Using yet another sponge brush, I slathered this on really thick to try to represent fluffy clouds.

 
Here's a look at the right side of my page.  Below the trees is "the ground" which was lightly brushed with various paints.

The fringe was cut from an old scarf from a garage sale.  I loved the elegant pattern on it.  The fringes were a lot longer, so I shortened them.  Onto the Kraft paper I brushed brown and gray paint in a straight, horizontal motion, the added mists and glitter paint.

The yellow plastic pieces under the flowers were from the stamen of a larger flower.  I simply opened it up and placed it under each flower, which added a little interest to my page.  I chose the yellow based on the inspiration photo.  The flower centers are more flower pieces.

 These sticker letters fit perfectly with my page!  Not too often does that happen for me. 
 
Here's a better look at my flower trio.

 Because of all the green in the inspiration photo, I chose these green fuzzy thingies.  After fiddling around with them, trying to figure out where I wanted to place them, I realized I'd better hurry up because each time I touched them to move them, bits of them were falling off.  :)
 
The top portion of my page was swirled onto the Kraft paper with a mixture of color mist and gesso to represent the sky.

Here's a closer look at my puffy clouds.

 
All the papers were misted and glitter paint added for more of a fairytale theme.

A closer look at my flower.

Thanks for taking a look.
Hope you will visit again!

No comments:

Post a Comment