Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sisters

Hi there,

I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their February Use Your Stash Challenge (STASHFEB).

Here's the challenge to use from your stash:
14 Flowers
1 Photo
4 Papers

And also, dig out some seasonal papers from your stash and use them in a non-traditional way.

And here's what I created using a sketch from Splitcoast Stampers (#185):
I used Christmas papers and a summer photo, 14 flowers, 1 photo and 4 papers (3 papers for the layout and 1 paper to make the patterned flowers).

Supplies used:
Paper: DCWV
Mesh Flowers
Prima Flowers
Leaves
Other Flowers
Sizzix Flower Dies
Sizzix Leaf Die
Snow Globe Glitter Gems: Forever in Time
Gems: Forever in Time
Title Stickers: Forever in Time
Ribbon

These cute glitter stickers are great!  Easy to use and they look pretty sharp too!

 I added ribbon over the glitter paper.

Several flowers were layered and mesh (which was also cut using my Sizzix die) were placed between some of the layers.  The papers were scrunched to give them more dimension.
 
As the flower grouping came to the end of the page, I only used a mesh flower and added a gem in the center.  Since they came apart so easily after being cut I had to be careful not to brush them with my hand after they were adhered. 

Here's a closer look at the mesh flower.

I also added the mesh flowers on top of these two white flowers.

The leaves are cut from mulberry paper... which gives the leaves some texture.

 Here's a look at all the dimension.



I added the date, under the leaf stem.




 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment