Friday, March 22, 2013

March Guest Designer

Hi everyone,

It's FRIDAY... and I have to share some wonderful news with you.

I was chosen as the Guest Designer for March at ARTastic Challenge Blog!!  Woo hoo!  Go me!!
Super excited!

You can see the write up here.  Hope you'll stop by to check it out... not only to see the post about me (hint, hint), but to check out this wonderful site!  Their monthly challenges are so inspiring!

This is the layout I submitted for the March Inspiration.  The inspiration photo was:
March inspiration comes to you from Australian portrait artist Julia Sattout. 
Australian portrait artist Julia Sattout with her painting Girl in Pink.
 The challenge was to use a a Portrait Photo.


And my layout:
 
This is is a portrait photo of our son when he was 3 years old.  Hard for me to believe he's now 20 years old and currently on the other side of the world!!  :(

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, Momenta, Other
Perfect Pearls Mist: Heirloom Gold
Green Satin Ribbon
Ribbon
Distressing
Sharpie Marker
Gold Foil Leaves
Various Beads into shape of sun
Sun Stencil
 
I placed the stencil where I wanted, added adhesive and then beads.  I used a light marker to sketch the outlines of the sun and its rays for a bit more definition.  I added journaling in this block and distressed the edges.

I tucked a couple gold leaves under the upper corner of the photo and pinched the tip of the leaves.

Over the large green ribbon I added a thin brown ribbon.

Here's the right side of my page.  The leaves were adhered only on the fold, so the folded edges would remain lifted off the page.


 A closer look at my beaded sun.  Isn't it cool?  :)

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment