Saturday, March 23, 2013

Palomino...

Hi there!

I have a layout to share with you today that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their Favorite Thing Challenge (MARCHFAVE).
The challenge is to use the word FAVORITE and a black & white photo.  Plus, use your 3 favorite go to items (ex. elements, tools, techniques, embellies, etc.).

Here's what I created.  I used a sketch by Designs by Diana.
This is me when I was around 1 1/2 years old, on top of my aunt's Palomino.
 
I used the word "Favorite" in my title.  And my 3 faves are: pp, flowers & misting.
 
Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Paper Doily
Flowers
Clear Stickers
Washi Tape Words: Home Made
Decorative Trim
Pink Mist: Home Made
Perfect Pearls Mist
Gold Color Mist: Wilton
Gems
Epoxy Sticker
Satin Rosettes: Home Made
 
 The journaling block was traced, cut and inked along the edges.  I added the clear stickers for "Palomino is" and the remaining words are washi tape trimmed to fit the block.  I made the washi tape with Scotch tape (not endorsing this product), which I used to stick onto the words from a magazine.  Then add the tape to a dish of water and once it's soaked, just rub off the sticky part of the tape and you have your own washi tape.  The larger white satin and smaller pink rosette were hand made with ribbon (the pink one) and satin fabric (the white one).

Under the decorative trim I added two stick pins.  Gems were added in the flower centers and on the page.
 
I misted the background paper and doily with two different mists.

Flowers were added to the left of my photo with more gems.

Here's a closer look at the flowers, gems and misting.  I also spritzed some mist onto a paper towel and gently brushed it onto the flowers for a touch of color.

I found this epoxy sticker in my stash and since the colors matched so well with my page, I tucked it just under the flowers.  You can also see the brushed mist onto the satin flower too.
 
This is a look at the left side of my page.


 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment