Sunday, April 7, 2013

All Boy

Hi there,

Here's a layout that was submitted at Sketches 4 All for their Scrap-a-Thon Challenge #5 (HOP5).

Here's the sketch we had to use:
 

And this is what I created:
This is my little "Bug-a-Boo" when he was 8 months old.  Love those chubby cheeks!!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Perfect Pearls Mist: Biscotti
Die Cuts
Distressing
Plastic Lion Die Cut
Giraffe: Paperbilities
Baker's Twine: Home Made
Staple
Ribbon
Sticker Title: K&Co.
Pop Dots
Ink: Adirondack Hazelnut

 
I was so excited to find this cool giraffe in my stash.  Don't you just LOVE finding something that you had forever and can finally use it?
I tied a bow around the neck with the baker's twine that I made.  I also rubbed brown ink across the top of the ridges.  The giraffe legs were adhered directly to the page and pop dots were used for the rest of the giraffe for some definition. 
I used pop dots under the title too.

The "A+" Star was distressed along the edges and only adhered in the center so the star tips would remain lifted off the page.  This cute little lion was another great find in my stash.  Perfect for my page!

The sketch showed a pull-out tag, but instead of doing that, I just stapled ribbon on one end and added journaling on the bottom portion of this block.  I did some paper tearing and misting on the background paper.

 Here's a look at the raised portions of the page.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment