Sunday, April 7, 2013

Stand Tall and Proud

Hello,

I hope you're having a restful Sunday.  A day to rejuvenate and forget that Monday is just around the corner.  Ugh!
We're still in a deep freeze!  The sun is shining but it's only 39 degrees and with the wind whipping around like it is, it's more like 29 degrees!  Brrrr!

Anyhow, I have a layout to share which was my example layout for hosting my Quote Challenge at Soul Scrappers.  The challenge runs from April 8 to the 29th.  So you have lots of time to hop on over to Soul Scrappers and check it out.  Here's a direct link to my Challenge.  Of course, you can go to the Soul Scrappers Home Page, click on "Challenges" and then "Current Challenges" and you'll see not only my challenge but a wide variety of challenges!  You'll love it... I promise!  :)

Ok, here's the Quote I chose:

"Advice from a tree:
Stand tall and proud.
Go out on a limb.
Remember your roots.
Drink plenty of water.
Be content with your natural beauty.
Enjoy the view."
(Author unknown)

The challenge is to use at least ONE LINE from the Quote to add to the project of your choice.  How fun is that?  There's a good selection to choose from to be creative.

Here's my example layout:
This is our daughter the day after her Basic graduation.  

I chose the line, "Stand Tall and Proud" from the Quote.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Tag
Perfect Pearls Mist
Flowers
Ribbon
Gold Title Letters
Paper Doily
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Sharpie Marker
Fiskars Corner Punch
Rosette: Home Made
 
Yes, I glued every one of these letters on my title block.  It was a painful process, but I did it!  :)  
I also used a corner punch.

The larger rosette is what I made, as well as all the glitter gems.  The paper doily behind the flowers was misted.

 Here's my flower grouping to the right of my journaling tag.
 
The tag was misted before I journaled on it.


A closer look at the rosette and glitter gem.  Isn't it pretty?



I was trying to get a better photo of the doily.  It didn't come out as good as I hoped, but at least you can see more of it.


I hope you'll head on over to Soul Scrappers and check out all there is to offer.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment