Saturday, April 6, 2013

Seasons Change

Hello,

Here's a layout that was submitted at Scrappy Sketches for their Mid Week Sketch 14-13.

This is the sketch:
 


And here's what I created with this fun sketch:
 
I snapped this photo as we were riding along a woods road in the fall.  Love the colors of the leaves.  

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., Other
Ribbon
Washi Tape: Home Made
Leaves Stickers: Stickabilities
Sizzix Leaf Die
Various Flowers
Chipboard Title
Sharpie Marker
Distressing
Gems: Home Made
Pleated Paper

 I added my home made washi tape to the left of the photo.

The edges of the journaling block were distressed.

I also distressed the edges of the chipboard title and knotted a ribbon around the stem.  The leaves sticker was tucked under the title and home made gems were added to the left of the title.

Here's my flower grouping to the right of the photo.  In keeping with the colors from the photo, I used only fall colors for the flowers and gems.

Aren't these gems the cutest!  I'm addicted to making them.  They're so cool!  And now I can use as many as I want on my pages and cards because I can make them for pennies!  :)


I used various colors of leaves and pinched the ends for some dimension.

I pleated strips of paper to add below the photo and used a sheer green ribbon over it.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment