Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Focused

Hello,

Another beautiful day!  Since I didn't want to spend it inside... I set up a desk and brought everything outside so I could enjoy the sunny weather while getting some scrapping done!

This layout was submitted at Archi-scraps for their May Inspiration Challenge.  The challenge is to use Autumn colors and leaves.

Head on over to Archi-scraps and check out their cool challenges!

Here's the inspiration photo for May:
As a member of the Design Team at Archi-scraps, I had to submit this layout quite some time ago.  The title is "Focused."

Our animals with their eyes on the food!  They are very focused!  Nothing can distract them... except maybe someone else with food!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, Other

Sizzix Leaf Die
Flowers
Rosettes: Hand Made
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Twine: Home Made
Tag
Sharpie Marker
Clear Glitter Title Letters
Brad
Cheesecloth
Various Color Mists
Home Made Mists
Perfect Pearls Mists


Here's a portion of the right side of my page.  The cheesecloth was misted and placed under the flowers and leaves.  The rosettes were made with decorative ribbons and seam binding ribbon.  Also had a blast making the glitter gems!

In the upper right I folded down the corner of the page and added a square brad.

The larger rosettes were made using wider ribbon.  A bit more tricky to work with, but I got it after awhile!  :)

 Here's the cute little chicken leg that I tied with twine, left to dangle right where the animals are looking!  The remainder of the twine was circled onto the flower and adhered in place.

A closer look at the chicken leg... which was printed onto cardstock.

A closer look at one of my flowers and gem.



 


The leaves were cut with two different papers and tucked within the flowers.

Hope you enjoyed the photos.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Libby, your homemade flowers are better than Prima's. :) I used to make these too when I made hat boxes, but I've become lazy over the years and now make manufacturers rich. Enjoyed viewing your blog, you're so industrious. I'm a follower now.

    ReplyDelete