Tuesday, April 30, 2013

In the Whisper of the Trees

Hi there,

Here's my layout that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Song/Lyric Challenge (SLC21).  The song is "Love is in the Air" by John Paul Young.  The challenge is to use a word, sentence, song title or whole song somewhere on your layout.  It's a "free scrap" so any theme can be used.

Here are the lyrics:

Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I look in your eyes
 
Love is in the air
In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea

And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel sane
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when you call out my name
 
(Chorus) Love is in the air
Love is in the air Oh oh oh Oh oh oh

Love is in the air
In the rising of the sun
Love is in the air
When the day is nearly done

And I don't know if you're an illusion
Don't know if I see it true
But you're something that I must believe in
And you're there when I reach out for you

Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound
And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise

But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I look in your eyes


And here's what I created.  I was inspire by these words from the song, "In the whisper of the trees" and based my page on an outdoorsy feel.

Our Boy Scout Troop on yet another camping/canoeing trip on the Allagash Waterways.  We had so much fun even through the pouring rain (well, maybe this was not fun) but we had so many great times during the remainder of the trip with beautiful weather.

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Masking (trees above the photo)
Stamp: Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree
Ink: A la mode Green
Twine
Stickers Title
Distressing
Ribbon
Canoe Die Cut Sticker
Sharpie Marker
Sketch: Page Maps (May 2005)
 
To have more of an outdoorsy feel, I knotted twine and added it in the upper right of the page (as if the background paper wasn't outdoorsy enough, right).  :)

I also added twine to the left of the title on top of brown ribbon.

This is the best stamp ever to create masking with!  I always have so much fun with it!

Hard to believe I actually fit all my journaling in this block!  I usually come up short and have to figure out another way to include it all on my page!

Just for something different, I added strips of twine in the lower right.

This was the smallest canoe I could find (other than the bright red one)!  I adhered it onto cardstock and cut it out... which makes it so much easier to adhere to my page.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by my Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment