Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Little Crafter

Hi again,

Here's the layout I created for hosting my Quote Challenge (NSD2) at Soul Scrappers for their National Scrapbooking Challenges.

Here's the direct link to my challenge... so you can check it out. (Please do)

I choose a quote and you must use this quote on your project.  You can create a card, tag, altered item or layout, as I did. 

Here's the quote:

"We gather up pictures and bits of our past and scrapbook them into a gift that will last."
-Kimberly Rinehart

This is what I created as an example:
Our grandson is crafting at the dining room table.  He loved to play with all the pieces of papers and glue sticks and scissors.  To keep all his supplies in one place, I created a box just for him that was full of paper scraps, decorative scissors, colored pencils, crayons, tape, glue sticks and lots of stickers as well as a variety of misc. items that I had in my craft room.
He loved his craft box... and whenever he came over, he looked for his "box" so he could check out what new items I added to it!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye
 Tickets
Fiskars Border Punch
Clear Title Letters Stickers
Paint Splotch: Die Cut
Stickers
Chipboard Heart (split in half to have 2 hearts)
Ink: Memories Madonna Blue
Clear Embossing Powder
Ribbon
Blue Chalk
Perfect Pearls Mist: Biscotti
Colored Craft Wire
Computer Font: Post Human
Sketch: Page Maps (Aug 2011)

I added a row of tickets, ribbon and punched border.  I found some star stickers that fit perfectly with my page.  The background paper was misted.

A better look at the misted background.


I printed the quote onto cardstock then cut it into a circle.  The edges were inked and blue chalk was lightly added within the edges of the circle.

I found this paint splotch on my die cut pile and added it onto a circle.  The title was added on the splotch and a scissors sticker was also added.  

I added a few more stars in the upper corner of the photo.

The chipboard heart was split in half to have 2 hearts.  I inked them and added clear embossing powder to get a little shine to them.

Colored wire was wrapped around a pencil and tucked under the photo.

 Another looped wire was added below the title.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment