Saturday, May 11, 2013

My Kids

Hi there,

Ewwww!  It's a yucky day today... cold and rainy and of course, windy!  So glad I'm stuck inside!  :)
And the best part... I have the WHOLE weekend to MYSELF!!!  I'm lovin it!

I have a layout to share with you today that was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Soul Quest 16, Motherhood (SSQ16).

To be able to play along, you have to complete THREE of the March and April challenges.  A goodie pack was sent to all participants with 10 items included, in which you must use everything you received to create your project.

The theme for this Quest is "Motherhood" and you must also use a "mother" quote.

Winners will be determined by:
1.  Most creative use of the heart shaped item.
2.  Best Quote.
3.  The overall best layout.

This is what I created in the wee hours of last night!
Our kids, all excited about completing Basic Training and had to show off the t-shirts that Lynn got form the both of them... and they had to show off the muscles they acquired too!  They even had a push up competition right in our living room!

Soul Quest List of Goodies:
1/2 Doily
Fabric Heart Shape
Pattern Paper x2
Music Paper
Lace
Chipboard "M"
"Quote" Block
Shimmer Paper
Serviette (Shoe?)
Feather

Other supplies I used:
Paper: Colorbok, My Mind's Eye
Button Flower Center
Cardstock Letters (page title)
Sharpie Marker
Decorative Fibers
Gold Color Mist
Perfect Pearls Mist: Heirloom Gold
Sketch: Page Maps (Apr 2007)

Here's a closer look at the title letters.  The chipboard "M" was used in "My" and all the letters were misted with gold and perfect pearls.
 
I was trying to get a good shot of the feather... which was misted lightly with gold perfect pearls.

Here's a closer look at my lace flower.  I really wasn't sure what to do with the lace.  And the color just didn't work with my page, so I misted it with both mists to try and blend the color more.
Not sure if it worked....

Here's the shoe... which really didn't fit with my page, but I used it anyhow.

I used a ball button for the flower center.  The flower was wound around onto a small paper circle so I would have something to attach the lace to.

The feather was tucked under the flowers.

In the upper left, I added small banners, which were cut from the pieces left over after trimming around the shoe.

The "quote" block was also misted and matted on the music paper and a small bow was added using fibers.
The quote I chose:
"Motherhood has the greatest potential influence in human life."
 

I added several more banners tucked under the flower, finishing up all the left over pieces from cutting around the shoe.

 The fabric heart was misted with two different mists and fibers were wrapped around it before adding "My" on it.

I used ALL of the goodies I received!  Woo hoo!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful crafty weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment