Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sweet Memories

Hello!

Me again, with another layout.
This one was submitted at Home and Scrapped for their May Color Palette & Sketch Challenge (May13-Melissa).  You can find the challenge here.

Here's the color palette:
 

And the other "part" of the challenge is to use a sketch from Heather's sketches at Scrappy Sketches.  I chose Mid Week Sketch 09-13.


And now for what I created:
Our daughter when she was ONE year old!  What a fun time she had... and me too... taking tons of photos!  How many of you remember "Smurfs?"  I loved the Smurfs... and Lynn did too! And she was quite excited to get one for her birthday!  :)

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok, Other
Fiskars Corner Punch
EK Success Border Punch
Twine: Home Made
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Distressing
Title Sticker: K&Co.
EK Success Flower Punch
Flowers
Gems: Home Made
Shapes: Cut from templates
Circle Punch
Pop Dots

Here's a closer look at each block.  I embossed them with the Birthday embossing folder.  Twine was wrapped around the star and two smaller punched flowers were added with home made gems.

For each shape, I used an embossing tool to create the lines.. for some fun definition. 

More twine was wrapped around the heart.


I used the corner punch on 3 of the corners.

The tips of the banners were curled up and twine was wrapped around the top banner and tied with a bow.

In the upper right corner I added a flower.

 I used pop dots under the title sticker and tucked one of my home made flowers behind it.  The edges of the title were distressed.

 Here's a closer look at the cutest flower made with hot glue and colored with an old permanent marker and a metal stick pin was glued in the back.


The small hearts were punched and embossed around the edges.

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment