Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sweet Memories

Hi there,

Another chilly day... and rainy.  So, the weather man said "a rainy day early then showers."  I had to run some errands and for about 4 hours it didn't rain... until I was on my way home.  Then it stopped and the sun came out... but later... let's just say it wasn't a "shower," it was more like a DOWNPOUR!  Wow!  So glad I didn't get caught in that... like what usually happens to me.

Anyhow, I have a layout to share that was submitted at Colorful Creations for their May Sketch-a-Thon, May 16 (andreamay).  You can see the challenge here.

The sketch:

And here's what I created:
 These photos were taken in 1993 and 1994.  My, how we all have changed!

Supplies used: Paper: Colorbok, DCWV
Gold Cording
Glitter Vellum Butterfly
Quote Sticker
Page Title Tag: K&Co.
Zipper Pulls
Distressing/Tearing
 
Love this cute dimensional tag from K&Co.

I picked up a couple bags of these zippers for $.50 each!  How could I possibly resist!  
They were even a match for my page!

Here's a closer look at what I did.  I threaded the cording through the top and while I was trying to figure out how to attach the photo to the zipper, I discovered a slit where the photo fit!  How cool!

More cording serves as the butterfly trail.

I wrapped the cording above the quote block and added a bow.  The paper behind the quote was torn and distressed.

Love this quote.

Another look at the other color zipper.

Love these glitter vellum butterflies.  I just HAD to pick up some more of them while I was running errands.
 
Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment