Tuesday, May 28, 2013

These are the Days to Remember

Hi there!

A beautiful day today and the sun was shining!  So I decided to enjoy the sun and weed one of my flower gardens.  Then the black flies found me!  Good grief... I had blood running down from behind my ear where one latched on good!  Those things are vicious!  Thank goodness I got it done in quick time!  But not quick enough to escape all the bites from those little horrid creatures!  Ugh!  This was my last chance to get it all cleaned out... because we're in for more rainy weather for the next several days.
ENOUGH RAIN ALREADY!!!!

Ok, now for a much more pleasant subject... scrapbooking!

This layout was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Sketch Challenge (SC65).  You can see the challenge here.

Here's the sketch:

And the "extras" to add on your layout too:

- Misting
- 5 Buttons
- More than one word title
- 2 Flowers
- 1 Photo

Here's what I created:
Yes, this is me!  I was 35/36 weeks along.  I'm wearing the maternity dress that I made... and sadly I outgrew it shortly after that!  I still had a month to go in my pregnancy... and I got lots bigger!

Supplies used:
Paper: Colorbok
Prima Flowers
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Color Mist
Perfect Pearls Mists
Buttons
EK Success Border Punch
Rick Rack
Sticker Title

I followed the sketch and added all the "extras" on my page.
 
Here's my misting area.  I started with a mist that was too light, so I added more until I could actually see the misting!
To the left of the photo I added a punched border and rick rack below that.

The sticker was one long title, so I cut it and matted them onto pp.  

Love these flowers and the pastel buttons fit so well with my page.  And of course, I had to add some of my home made glitter gems.  :)
 
A closer look at my page title.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment