Saturday, June 1, 2013

3 Cards

Hi there,

I have not one, not two, but THREE cards to share with you today!  They have been submitted at Sketch N Scrap for their Birthday Bash Embossing Challenge.  You can see the challenge here.

The challenge is to make 3 cards, using ONE embossing folder in 3 different ways.  

Here's my FIRST card:
 I used the embossing folder in one of the most popular ways.  Decorative ribbon was added along the bottom and a small piece tucked under the flower.  The flower was layered and a brad sentiment added in the center.

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., White Cardstock
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Decorative Ribbon: Webster's Pages
Sentiment Brad: Studio g
Flowers
Sketch: Page Maps (Sept 2007)

Here's a closer look.

This is my SECOND card:
For this card, I embossed the white strip of ribbon behind the flower and tag.  I know... I have most of it covered up... but you can still see a portion of it.  It really is super cool!
I also embossed the flowers.  I layered 3 different flowers with the ribbon and sentiment going to the center of the flowers where a gem was added.  

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., White Cardstock
Ribbon
Rub on Sentiment
Flowers
Glitter Gems: Home Made
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sketch: Page Maps (Sept 2007)

Here's a better look at the embossed ribbon and flowers.

And here's my THIRD card:
For this card, I tried the technique that I have been seeing for quite some time now but have never really tried it.  It looks so fun... and it really is!  I love how this turned out!  I ran my ink pad over the raised part of the embossing folder and placed the cardstock over it, embossed it and there you have it!  If you get ink on the other spots though, it shows!  So with a little practice, it will get easier.  I don't have a brayer, so I gotta make do with what I have. 

Supplies used:
Paper: K&Co., White Cardstock
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
DIstressing
Pop Dot
Circle Punch
Ribbon
Rub on Sentiment
Gems: Home Made
Ink: Adirondack Pool
Sketch: Page Maps (Sept 2007)

If you haven't tried making your own gems... you really should give it a go.  It's so fun... and really easy too!  All you need is hot glue and whatever you want to paint your gems with.  I've dappled in nail polish in every color, permanent markers and my fave is the metallic paints, which is what I did with these.  I mixed a couple different paints to get this unique color!  :)

Here's a closer look at the ink embossing.

There you have it.... my 3 cards for the embossing challenge, using 1 embossing folder and 3 different techniques.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I have been debating on what folder to try that technique on and I think I will use the same one you did, it turned out so pretty with the pop of blue! I love it! Thanks for joining our birthday bash at Sketch n Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libby, thank you for joining to Birthday Bash ) Yoyr card so beautiful...))) I hope you liked my Embossing Challenge )

    ReplyDelete