Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Day

Hi there,

As you probably already know, I am on the Design Team at Sketches 4 All and host a challenge each month to get those creative juices flowing with a different challenge for you to try each month (Libby's Challenges).  You can see my challenge here.

I hope you can check out all the fun challenges for July.  Here's the link to the Current Challenges at Sketches 4 All.  And, maybe you will be inspired to join in.  Would love to see some of your creations in the Gallery too.

Ok, now on to my challenge.  This month I decided on a Sketch Challenge

Here's the sketch:
 

The sketch can be rotated or flipped... as long as I can see the sketch on your project.

This is my layout titled, "Happy Day."
This is Andrew and I enjoying his birthday celebration on a beautiful summer day in 2006.  Wow... he sure has grown up a lot since then!!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Colorbok
Darice Embossing Folder
Flowers
Page Title: Cut from pp
Cross Stitch Fabric Hearts
Tag: Hand Made
Satin Cording
Wood Flourish: KaiserCraft
Hole Punch
Hearts & Stars
Rick Rack
Sketch: Page Maps
 
In the upper portion of my page, a star was added with a heart cut from cross stitch fabric with the edges frayed just a bit.

Embossed cardstock was added on the tag which was tucked under the photo.  Satin cording was tied in a bow on one end of the tag and looped on each end.

Below the photo is my page title, matted on cardstock.  A larger fabric heart was tucked under the flower with a smaller pp heart overlapping it.

Here's a closer look at the cross stitch heart.

Rick rack was added to the left of the photo with a wood flourish, flower, small fabric heart and several stars.

Here's a closer look at the wood flourish, heart and star.  I love these wood flourishes!  Really wish I could make my own!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!

And remember, stop by Sketches 4 All and check out all the challenges.  Would love to have you join us!


No comments:

Post a Comment