Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Little Girl

Hi there,

I have a layout to share that I used as an example for my July Song Challenge at Colorful Creations.

The song I chose for this month is "Caught Up in You" by 38 Special.

Here are the lyrics:

I never knew there'd come a day
When I'd be sayin' to you 

"Don't let this good love slip away 
Now that we know that it's true." 
Don't, don't you know the kind of man I am 
No, said I'd never fall in love again 
But it's real and the feeling comes shining through. 

So caught up in you, little girl 
And I never did suspect a thing 
So caught up in you, little girl 
That I never want to get myself free 
And baby it's true 
You're the one 
Who caught me baby you taught me 
How good it could be 

It took so long to change my mind 
I thought that love was a game 
I played around enough to find 
No two are ever the same 
You made me realized the love I missed 
So hot! Love I couldn't quite resist 
When it's right the light just comes shining through. 

So caught up in you, little girl 
You're the one that's got me down on my knees 
So caught up in you, little girl 
That I never want to get myself free 
And baby it's true 
You're the one 
Who caught me, baby you taught me 
How good it could be 

Fill your days and your nights 
No need to ever ask me twice oh no 
Whenever you want me 
And if ever comes a day 
When you should turn and walk away oh no 
I can't live without you 
So caught up in you 

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah 
And if ever comes a day 
When you should turn and walk away oh no 
I can't live without you 
So caught up in you, little girl 
You're the one that's got me down on my knees 
So caught up in you , little girl 
That I never want to get myself free 
And baby it's true 
You're the one 
Who caught me baby you taught me 
How good it could be, little girl 
You're the one that's got me down on my knees 
So caught up in you, little girl 
That I never want to get myself free 
And baby it's true 
You're the one 
Who caught me and taught me 
You got me so caught up in you


The challenge is to use a word(s), sentence, paragraph, or whole song on the project of your choice.

Here's my example layout titled, "Sweet Little Girl."
I used the words "Little Girl" from the lyrics. 

 This is our daughter when she was 2 or 3 years old, with one of the many dolls she loved to play with.

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
EK Success Border Punches
Martha Stewart Border Punch
String
Ribbon
Swirly Bling: Prima
Stickers
Wide Fabric Ribbon
Flowers/Leaves
Gems: Home Made
Folder Tab: Home Made
Sketch:  Page Maps (Feb 2012)
 
A border punch was used for the scalloped banner and another one to punch the white cardstock.
 
The banner was strung on twine with a bow tied on each end.  White ribbon was added where the two scallop edges meet.

Glitter letters were adhered to the folder tab.

A strip of cardstock was punched and pleated to adhere around the circle.  Sticker letters were added on the circle.

Here's a look at the flower cluster.  I added two small orange flowers... pulling the orange from the photo.  And the green leaves are inspiration from the grass in the photo too.

Here's a closer look at part of the flower cluster.  The gems are home made.

Wide cloth embroidery ribbon was added above the flowers, to the left of the photo.
 
 Here's a closer look at the flowers below the title.
 
Ribbon was punched and tucked under the paper.  I'm not sure I'll do this technique again... but it does look good on my page!  It's really hard to use a border punch on ribbon!

 Another look at the punched ribbon.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

I hope you'll check out Colorful Creations at all the fun challenges for July... as well as my challenge.  You may decide to join us... and it would be so cool so see some of your work in the gallery too!
Till next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment