Friday, June 28, 2013

Sewn With Love

Hi there!

It's FRIDAY!  I love Friday's!!  

Yesterday was the best day ever... because our son came home!  A surprise for hubby and I, as we never suspected a thing!  Our daughter and son were planning this for over a month!
It's so awesome to have him home (in this otherwise gloomy, depressing time)!!

The pictures have already started!  For a month, there will be TONS of photos taken!  Woo hoo!

Anyhow, I have a layout to share that I started before our son came home... and just finished today.  This was submitted at Soul Scrappers for their Soul Quest #17 - Sew Good Challenge.  You can see the challenge here.  Check it out!  You may want to hang around at Soul Scrappers to see the next Soul Quest.

And... FYI:  I will be hosting the Oct/Nov Soul Quest.  You won't want to miss out!  :)

Here's how it works:
You must complete a certain number of challenges at Soul Scrappers to be signed up.  Once completed, you will receive an envelope of (FREE) goodies to create your project.  You can create a card, layout or any altered item.
The challenge is to use ALL the goodies you receive.

This is a list of the goodies I received (which vary with each quest):
1.  1 x piece double sided paper
2.  1 x piece fabric
3.  2 x stamped images
4.  2 x scalloped die shapes
5.  2 x round die shapes
6.  1 x piece black lace or ribbon (I received ribbon)
7.  1 x metal embellie
8.  3 buttons (I received 4)
9.  1 x pattern tissue

I USED ALL THE GOODIES for my layout:
This is Andrew and I on Halloween in 1996.  I made the costumes.  Andrew is a Dalmation and I am Little Bo Peep.  I went to work this way too... then came home, got Andrew dressed up and we went Trick-or-Treating.  :)

Additional supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Tag: Home Made
Hole Punch
Gold Metallic Paint
Various Perfect Pearls Mists
Wilton Gold Color Mist
Sticker Letters
Sketch:  Page Maps (Jan 2006)

The double sided pp was used under the photo... and one side was torn.  Then I added a strip of pattern tissue and lace.   The flower was hand cut, folded and adhered onto a piece of paper and scrunched a bit.  Two banners were cut and tucked under the flower.  For the center, I used ALL the pieces left over from cutting out the flowers, scrunching them into balls and adhered them in a cluster.  Then I misted everything.

I made snips all around the top flower and using my embossing tool, curled all the ends under and at an angle.  The metal brad was added in the center.  Two more tissue paper strips were cut into banners and tucked under the flower.  I fussy cut the stamped image and tucked it within the flowers.

 After cutting the tag from pp, I wrapped it with a small piece of the pattern tissue.  The ribbon I received was pulled through the hole in the tag and looped.  The tag was misted with Perfect Pearls mists.  The sewing machine was fussy cut also with another flower covering a portion of the sewing machine.  The two die cut circles were snipped around the edges and scrunched.  Circles were cut from the pattern tissue and also scrunched for some dimension.  The button was painted with gold metallic paint and heat embossed until it bubbled and dried with a texture on it.  Finally, the clear stickers were added as the page title.

Trying to give you a letter look at the misting on the tissue pattern.

The bright black ribbon was turned over which revealed a more subtle color which was misted with gold color mist.  From the paper tearing on the double sided paper I received behind the photo, the remaining strip was added slightly over the ribbon and three buttons were added.  I used the same technique with these buttons also.  Mauve buttons really didn't fit with my page theme, thus the reason they were painted and heat embossed until they bubbled.

A closer look at the buttons.

Here's a better look at one of the flowers.
Here's a look at the left side of my page.

Hope you enjoyed your visit and will return soon.
Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment