Friday, August 9, 2013

Fort Knox

Hi there,

Here's a 2-page layout I created for Sketches 4 All for their August Guest Designer Challenge (AugustGDT).  You can see the challenge here.  There's still time to submit an entry.... you have until August 31st.

Here's the sketch:
Additional criteria is journaling.

This is what I created after much thought!  I haven't worked with a 2-page layout in FOREVER... so this was quite a challenge for me!

My layout is titled, "Fort Knox."
Our recent day trip to the lower part of our State to see Fort Knox.  So cool to see!

Supplies used:
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Mulberry Paper Stars
Speech Bubbles
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Ribbon
Cardboard Tag
EK Success Border Punch
Fibers
Foam Sign (one way)
Stitches Rub ons
Misc. Die Cuts

I embossed the speech bubble and distressed the edges.  Two mulberry paper stars were added over it. 

Fibers were looped around the cardboard tag, which was embossed. 

Here's a closer look. 

Another speech bubble and star. 

The date was added on a die cut. 

Beside the ribbon is a rub on stitching.  I distressed the punched border also. 

The page title was cut from a photo and matted on pp. 

Journaling was added on the photo. 

A foam "one way" sign was trimmed and added to the left of my page. 

I followed the pp design for this cool border.

Thanks so much for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment